Wednesday, January 17, 2007

JESUS - The Plush Toy.

You can own your very own "My Sweet Jesus" plush toy. Think I am making this up? Click here to see for yourself. You can also see "7x70" reasons why you should buy My Sweet Jesus, and read the touching story of how My Sweet Jesus came to be. If you want to spend more, for $65 you can get this Jesus doll. Or maybe you want to be able to pick a baby Jesus doll with a glow in the dark halo that comes in a the race of your choice, here. There is even a talking Jesus doll, and you can add Moses and David dolls too.

So what do you think of all this commercialization of Jesus? Would Jesus buy Jesus dolls for all his friends, or overturn the tables of these merchants? Do these dolls serve a healthy purpose for a growing Christian, or are they counterproductive to mature Christian faith? Let me hear your opinion.

For a different picture of Jesus, try reading Revelation 1:12-18. I wonder when the "Glorified Jesus Doll" will be coming out???

PS: Bobblehead and action figures your thing? Click here. Or here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think kids today have dolls for everything...cabbage patch, superman.. if a kid is going to carry around an action hero I think it's okay if that hero is Jesus.

Bonnie said...

I don't like the idea of making Jesus an ordinary, common doll/idol figure. It takes away from His majesty and glory. I believe it's contrary to the first 2 commandmants.
Jesus should always be given great honor, nothing we make on this earth with our hands should be representing Christ.